View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
rox626
YT Addict

My son is 17 so I'm not far behind you. The summer he was ten, his dad met a woman who he later married and Bryan really liked her kids and being part of a family so he stayed there all the time. I was lucky if I got him one day a week. I didn't want to force him to go with me if he didn't want to as it wouldn't have been very pleasant for either of us. Now he never goes to his dad's at all. After the novelty wore off he decided he'd rather be with me. I really missed him at first. It was like having a kid away at college and he was only 10.

My point is this. You ought to feel proud because you have raised a kid that can take care of himself and that should be a parent's goal. Let him do this. Experience is the greatest teacher and now is a good time to learn these lessons. If it doesn't work out he can always come back home but only if he doesn't feel like he's going to hear, "I told you so". I know you feel sad but you'll get used to it and he'll probably appreciate you all the more if you support him.
rox626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!