View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #9
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Joey will refuse to eat and then throw up bile if I don't have something for him to pick at and although Callie wont refuse to eat she will throw up bile if she doesn't snack a little during the day. Nobody is food aggressive luckily. Callie who has cushings doesn't even over eat the dog food. I have raised them all that way so I would feel very bad suddenly changing it on them. I know it very rarely works to free feed but it seems to work ok here minus not being able to get the puppy to eat the actual puppy food. I wish I could leave that down but Callie snagged some when I was trying to feed the puppy and I was up all night with her throwing up so I have to be extremely careful with the puppy food. I wonder if wet puppy food would be better for the puppy.....
It sounds like you will have to feed the puppy separately from the others. I'm sure that it won't matter if he eats a little of the adult hypoallergenic food, but he has to have the opportunity to eat a good amount of his puppy food, so if you have to put him in a separate room during feeding time (to keep your other dogs from eating it), so be it. Wet food would be fine, if you think he'll eat it faster so he doesn't have to be kept away from the others for so long.

We have to free feed Bella to keep her from throwing up bile, so I know where you're coming from. It works very well for her, but she's an only child.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!