View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 07:41 AM   #8
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
The only thing I can say is that free feeding rarely works for multiple dogs. One eats too much, another not enough, and others eat what they should not eat. It is best to put them on a schedule where they eat at certain times and then the bowls are picked up until the next meal.

Free feeding also can cause major tensions and fights.

The more pups you have the more likely you will have a problem.
Joey will refuse to eat and then throw up bile if I don't have something for him to pick at and although Callie wont refuse to eat she will throw up bile if she doesn't snack a little during the day. Nobody is food aggressive luckily. Callie who has cushings doesn't even over eat the dog food. I have raised them all that way so I would feel very bad suddenly changing it on them. I know it very rarely works to free feed but it seems to work ok here minus not being able to get the puppy to eat the actual puppy food. I wish I could leave that down but Callie snagged some when I was trying to feed the puppy and I was up all night with her throwing up so I have to be extremely careful with the puppy food. I wonder if wet puppy food would be better for the puppy.....
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!