Thread: Breeder help!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #6
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnapper12 View Post
As a breeder, some let puppies go no earlier than 8 wks and some 12 wks. The puppy was in good health when she left at 8 wks. They say the puppy was in a bad state that is why they put the puppy to sleep. The vet wrote the condition of the puppy in the vet summary as possible causes of illness but was no official diagnosis as to the exact cause. The owner signed the puppy sales agreement but not the health guarantee. She chose not to sign. I stated to her that she must take the puppy for full examination after 3 days of purchase. She chose not. She allowed the puppy to rome around the house and into the kitchen to eat and she also, took the puppy out to the neighbor's house to play, with me not knowing if the puppy was around other dogs or not. Anything could have happened to the puppy.
Good breeders do not let their puppies go before 12 weeks and keep them even longer when they are tiny. As a breeder you should know how important that time with their mom and litter mates are. I think you might need to do a little more research and especially look at the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America reputable breeders follow their rules and they are the mother club for yorkies. If the health contract is the one that said you would take the puppy back if there were health concerns then I personally would say they are out of luck for not signing it.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!