Thread: Breeder help!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #5
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Cry How very sad for the tiny baby

I am very sorry for the poor little pup, how this tiny soul suffered and was killed before he/she? ever had a chance to live. I did breed Yorkies but have since retired so I speak with some experience. I will not judge however, I can tell you that the vast majority of reputable breeders would NEVER EVER let a pup leave before 12 weeks and then only if the individual pup was ready. My mentors were some of the most respected AKC Yorkie breeders, who taught me well BEFORE entrusting me with their stock.

With that said, the pup should never have left the dam prior to a minimum of 12 weeks. Even then it is risky to let one that small go as they come with a plethora of concerns. If you had a contract and chose to place the pup without requiring the new owners to sign the contract, the big question is WHY? Was it simply a matter of making a sale at the risk of the pup's well being.

Because you chose to let this tiny too-young pup go to a new home without requiring the new owners sign your health agreement/contract, I would suggest that you just take the loss and rack up the whole sad event as a learning experience. I would reimburse the cost of the pup and 50% of the vet bills, but not the cost of the cremation. Prior to any refund, I would require copies of the vet reports.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!