View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 04:48 PM   #4
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
...I did take her to vet and the bloodwork came back normal. Everything checked out okay. But she is extremely nervous...will not have anything to do with anyone but me mostly and my husband. The vet prescribed her a low dose of compounded trazadone. I don't like giving her that but I feel like she did need something for anxiety. I am hopeful that if I can get that problem calmed down she will start eating better.
Thank you for the additional information. If you search the forum for the term "trazadone," you'll find several threads with mostly positive comments. Below are a few I read.

2017 thread initiated by deedeebear, "Nervous yorkie."

2017 thread started by Grammy1, "Shaking, panting, anxiety."

2017 thread by JennaPenny, "Advice on medication Trazadone."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
...So your advice is to put the kibble out and just let it go until she gets so hungry she will start eating. (It is hard and she is so skinny I worry that she will get very sick from not eating). But something has got to give. I told the vet she was nuerotic and she was making me nuerotic. LOL.
No, that is not my advice. I agree with you ("she is so skinny")--I would worry that not eating would cause serious problems, including hypoglycemia.

It doesn't sound as though the vet knows she is not eating, or not eating normally. That is a health indicator that I would want her vet to know about...would want his/her input about.

More to write, will wait to learn from you whether her vet knows she is not eating normally.

I'm sorry you and your little one are going through this. Thank you so much the love care you give to her. It is hard!
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!