View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 03:51 PM   #2
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
My yorkie weighs 3 pounds 6 ounces. I have a terrible time trying to get her to eat her dogfood. I have so many opened bags of dogfood it is rediculous. She gets to where she just turns her nose up at food. She is a highly nervous yorkie. Recently she will eat in the car when she won't eat in the house. This all started when we were leaving on a trip and she wouldn't eat so I took her food and she ate in my lap. I have tried to break her of this but I get so worried because she will not eat I give in. When she goes with me driving, she eats in passenger side. Does anybody else have this problem or any suggestions?
Hi GRH,

At three and a half pounds, she is a tiny one. You also mentioned she is highly nervous.

Were I in your shoes, I'd take her to the vet for tests for her nervousness and to rule out stomach problem, etc.

My late senior wasn't a nervous dog. When she was just a sweet young thing, Katy preferred chicken breast and wouldn't eat kibble. She was just under five pounds and I think a bit younger than your pup. (Is she about 2 yrs old?) Our vet surveyed my bags of kibble--he picked one (based on the size and makeup of her bite), telling me to give her plenty of water and feed her the selected kibble. As he had predicted, when she got hungry, she ate the kibble and our feeding fiascos ended.
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!