View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 02:20 AM   #1
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Default Little dog, Napoleon Complex, Hunting urges

Hey guys, as some of you may or may not know. I adopted maggie(a chihuahua mutt) last year. She's seem to be very shy in general and I can't seem to get her out of that. She likes attention from us but always wants a place to hide as it seems. lol. Not sure if it's us or what...

Anywho the other day my little scamp sasha found a nest of baby rabbits. The rabbits have their eyes open, with fur, and about the size of a small avocado... The first time maggie ran to where sasha was at and tried to take over. Which sasha patiently let her. But when I noticed they actually found something and quickly pulled away, maggie started to imitate what sasha does when sasha wants something. Turn around in a full circle as if she was marching and whine. Of course that just annoyed me as it was 5am-6am and we live in a quiet neighborhood and I didnt want to be that guy.... Sasha decided to snap at maggie as she wasnt having it. Then she tried to bite at maggie(not sure if it was a fake bite but she didnt have any marks or anything when i checked) So i quickly pulled maggie away.

So I picked her up and walked away. As she squirmed. Well... yesterday I found signs of peter and his gang and I sort of shoo'd them away from the yard as I didn't want to see them getting mauled... they leave so I take my dogs out and sasha the little trouble maker finds another critter.. this time it was a fledgeling bird. Not sure if it's a sparrow... but like the rabbits about the size of a small avocado, if not a little bigger. I tried to move it away into some shrubs to which I got my hands pooped on... (yuck!) and then maggie goes crazy over it again....

Now today it just wasnt our day.... Not only did I find peter alone in some other part of the yard.. I also find the fledgeling on a diff. area... Maggie tried to go for that rabbit. Not sure if she would had killed it, but I didn't take chances... I picked her up and then she notices the bird and starts to squirm and whine... lol... Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Also lately she seems a bit depressed... doesn't want to eat as much if at all. I try playing with her and only gets her a few bites of food..
Sometimes she eats it later... sometimes she doesnt
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!