View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 04:47 AM   #12
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

This report makes sense to me - and I think it's very thorough too.

-- They're saying they expect/hope she is increasingly eating within the next 3 days, if not - consult with them

-- I would *absolutely* be giving the Mirtazapine until you see appetite normalize

They are mentioning Helicobacter -- this may sound kind of familiar in a way bc 'h.pylori' is a Helicobacter SO common in humans and much talked about. In dogs, there are other strains of Helicobacter -- and when infectious, they can really be dangerous.

Symptoms (and link to Helicobacter page):

Vomiting
Dehydration
Poor appetite
Bowel sounds
Abdominal pain
Weight loss
Diarrhea
Weakness
Sudden death

However, I'm not exactly sure I'd rush, quite yet anyway, to diagnosing Helicobacter. The reason is bc of the stomach's proximity to the pancreas, which is severely inflamed. An inflamed pancreas can sometimes also cause a somewhat inflamed stomach lining, bc of proximity. For me, it would depend on the health of my dog and whether or not I could wait to 'heal' the pancreatitis first, and then see about Helicobacter.

The fact she has pancreatitis is really concerning - and this could take a long time to recover from. Be extremely careful with feedings - NO extra fat whatsoever. She could be very fatigued for a good while during recovery.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!