Thread: "gloopy" eyes
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 04:06 AM   #7
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAE View Post
I recently got a silky yorkie. According to the vet he is roughly 4 to 4 1/2 years old. He has a terrible eye (1) problem. The vet gave me antibiotic ointment for the eye. He said it was an infection. Well, I used the ointment for the proper time and took the dog (Riley) back to the vet and now he says it's not an infection it is dry eye. He told me to use over the counter artificial tears 4 or 5 times a day? The poor little guy has bad crusty eye in the morning and squints all day and has goop in his eye ALL THE TIME. Can anyone tell me if there is anything else I can do and if the drops of artificial tears are hurting or helping? Seems to me the crust would be coming from the drops? I don't know what else to do....but those two vet solutions are not working. He also said I would have to put the artifial tears in his eye for the rest of his life!
The over the counter dry eye stuff is likely not potent enough for your kiddo. My Wylie had to have a Vet Ophthalmologist - and there are *much* better dry eye drops out there. More expensive, yes, but they work.

But honestly if he's squinting like this much, it really makes me wonder about more going on here - like corneal abrasions or something .

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!