View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #10
dottiesyrky
Donating YT Addict

Default Bella

Thank you so much for the update. Although the discharge report seems scary, in fact it does give hope that your baby will improve, if not completely cured in the near term, with home care. They did say that she responded fairly well while in the hospital and if you try and feed small quantities of the suggested food, she should be able to take in the necessary meds. It is likely that her appetite will not be good but hopefully she will be able to absorb small quantities at frequent intervals. She obviously had a bad case of pancreatitis from the test numbers and does not feel good. This is a very debilitating disease, but she has survived so far and has been discharged from the vet care.
I sure understand that you are very concerned for her and upset that she is still sick, but hopefully the intensive vet treatment will show good results soon, after your loving home care. Just take it as it comes and do what you can with the discharge instructions, you might not be able to follow them 100%, but do what you can. If you are really worried you can call the vet to ease your mind.
How I feel for you and your baby. It must be hard to keep going, but you will get the strength to succeed. Prayers, hugs and healing wishes.
By the way, my dog would take the Hills ID low fat canned food when he was treated at home for P. I just gave him a teaspoon by hand as often as he would eat it, together with meds. This food is also high in water, so she would get liquids as well. Good Luck and hang in there.
dottiesyrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!