View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 04:25 PM   #7
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellymonsterMom View Post
Thanks for your reply! They said she did eat the IC Hills Chicken Stew-,they didn't give amount- they said the stimulant helped. She has had that at home. Bella really doesn't eat a lot or consistently.

It says in the discharge-- she should start eating at 3 days..but give her meds with food today? Crazy inducing!!! I will definately look into compounding into liquid!
It says she should be eating normally in 3 days...not that she shouldn't eat for 3 days!

As to the Mirtazapine....that is a miracle drug in my opinion and I would continue it for at least a couple of days until she is feeling better. It is a tiny thing and you should be able to get it down her.

I really wish they had supplied you with compounded meds. SO much easier. I use a pharmacy in Houston that ships my meds the same day if ordered early enough and I have them the next day via Fed Ex Express. They are a great pharmacy....the other ones that are well known take far too long to get things to you and they are awful to work with. BCP has these awesome little chews that my pups love...they are about the size of an M&M and you can choose the flavor. My pups don't bother to chew...they gulp them down! They also do make liquids but for most I use the chews. Here is a link if you want to try them: BCP Veterinary Pharmacy | Specializing in the Pharmacology of Animals

Some of that report has me baffled....I got the impression they "think" it could be heliobacteria since that can cause stomach wall inflammation.. And, the liver thing...gosh I don't know how quickly I would be scheduling a biopsy. I have had similar reports and they have given the meds...antibiotics and denamarin and repeated the ultrasound. I might have to think long and hard on that one.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!