View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:49 AM   #50
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellymonsterMom View Post
He said they also feel that Pancreatitis is caused by something worse ( like Cushings or other things like Cancer !) and if she is still vomiting or having bloody soft movements to get an ultrasound. If not, we don't need it. I'm confused--- does she have something worse, a bout of Pancreatitis or something else? Can't wait to talk to my vet tomorrow.
[To save space, I only partially quoted you] So, first, you mentioned a couple times that she seems "tired" -- yes, *totally* and completely normal! It can literally take months to recover from pancreatitis - it can truly be that devastating. Humans (and dogs, in their own "Vet office" way) can very easily end up in the ICU/CCU with pancreatitis. In fact, we very nearly almost lost a dear YorkieTalk member to pancreatitis just a few years ago - she is only in her 30s and was in the ICU for I think 21 days total ..!!! It can be *that* serious. Let her take it easy - in fact, force her to take it easy if needed. Expect her to be tired and not herself...she could take a good while to bounce back.

As far as the bolded part above and your Vet's comment - she absolutely does have pancreatitis, that's been diagnosed. But what the Vet is saying is that pancreatitis can very often be a "secondary" or even "tertiary" disease state -- meaning, it's actually a result of something else going wrong in the body and thru a waterfall of events, that original "something wrong" can also lead to developing pancreatitis. Now, it could also just be pancreatitis in and of itself too. But your Vet is giving you all the info, as they should.

I'm assuming with all that's gone on, a full 'adult blood panel' (more comprehensive one than standard) has been done....? If not, it's a good idea to get one to see if anything else reveals itself as concerning and/or just to confirm that kidneys/liver etc are functioning well and have that baseline.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!