View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
jimmy85
Yorkie Yakker

I have an 11 yo spayed female (Charlie) who was diagnosed with atypical Cushing's disease and is also taking the lignans and the melatonin. Unfortunately she also has a complicated urinary tract infection history that created urinary stones when she was 3. She had the stones removed and was placed on the Royal Canin SO diet and Craninidin supplement (Cranberry extract) which reduced the frequency of UTIs.

We only feed her the Royal Canin SO diet and organic carrots along with distilled water. Unfortunately last week she began vomiting and having loose stools on Friday around midnight. We took her to vet quickly and she was diagnosed with pancreatitis. She has been feeling much better with metronidazole, pro pectalin gel probiotics and an anti nausea med to go along with her normal phenylpropanolamine and craninidin.

The vet strongly recommended that we switch food from the SO to the I/D science diet until the pancreatitis subsides. I'm curious to know if/how we'll transition back to the SO or take a wait and see approach to see if the I/D food creates issues with her urinary tract. I now that the SO food is higher in fat and increases the likelihood of pancreatitis.

Has anyone else gone through this with their yorkies and if so how was it managed ?
jimmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!