View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 06:05 AM   #3
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

OK....first thing I see is the following post from another thread:
https://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/4760556-post22.html

Your husband needs to stop feeding her people food! Perhaps providing things for him to give her might help....maybe some carrots or green beans? He needs to realize she could die from pancreatitis. It is not something to play with! I saw that you commented about giving her Royal Canin Gastrointestinal diet until she is better....she could very well have chronic pancreatitis which would mean she should remain on that food forever! I would try to avoid enticing her with chicken and beef....she will learn to hold out. Of course you don't want her not eating for extended periods, but missing a meal or two won't be harmful.....she needs to believe that is all she is getting. That there is no room for bargaining!

She could be eating grass because of all these different things she is eating! She also could have IBD which I saw someone mention.....no way to really know that but with IBD they react to proteins and you are giving a bunch of different ones! Best to stick with ONE food and see if you can stabilize her with the meds and that food.

Unless she is dehydrated, I would not go to the vet and see if just sticking with the above helps.

You might also want to have bile acid testing done at some point. It is probably not likely she has a liver shunt but if the GI issues don't clear up, it would be worth looking into.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!