View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 04:14 AM   #1
BellymonsterMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Bells not drinking and back to trying to eat grass

I'm sorry for all the messages, I just don't have anyone to brainstorm with me about this as my family doesn't voice opinions or suggestions and I'm getting frantic.

Bells didn't drink at all yesterday. I tried with the water syringe didn't get much in each time. Last night in despair I put some lactose free milk in about a quarter of a cup of water just to tinge it with the smell/color and she drank it out of my husband's cup ( she loves milk it's the only thing that intices her). She played a bit last night- I was so encouraged with this and that she ate in the morning and she had some pieces of boiled beef last night ( but nowhere near a meal).

This morning she awoke a little frantic. I took her out and she ran to the grass to start eating, again. I stopped her, brought her in to offer food & water - wanted neither. She wanted out again for grass. She's been laying on the couch blah. Just found a pile of POOP laying on top of yellow mucus in the living room she must have passed while I was making breakfast.
- but no blood.

She's been on the Metronidazole and the Cerenia on schedule since Saturday. She's obviously not getting better and I fear it's something worse. As an aside, I've noticed her biting her backside a bit the last few days. Didn't think much about it but as it's the only thing she's doing other than laying around I thought it might be important.

Any ideas- does this sound like something other than Pancreatitis? That fact she's not better already due to meds point to something really bad? I have a call into the vet. So scared.
BellymonsterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!