View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #47
BellymonsterMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default accupuncture & update

I haven't looked into it...but I did see that they offer it at the Vet Er. So I will likely look into it for her- anything to help her.

After her first bout with Pancreatitis they told me to give her boiled meat and rice or the script foods for a few weeks then to transition her into her regular food ( which at the time was Blue Buffalo Dry Chicken and Rice and the Pet Fresh Rolls. I questioned her about the fat content and she felt she could resume.

Now that she's had this issue again ( maybe?) - I'm going to talk to them about the script food. I have the Hills Digestive here ( shows 2% fat so I hop it's ok for her and the low fat RC...but I just ordered the Hill's low fat Chicken Stew. I like the smaller cans- she won't eat reheated food for some reason and RC is pate and only comes in a can that is too big. I also ordered the low fat kibble. I will mix in a bit of boiled beef or chicken to assure she is getting full.

Last night she ate a bit of the boiled beef ( I buy the 93% fat free ground beef and boil it) with rice. She was really hungry. She was all excited when my kids came home last night- jumped up to see them, tail wagging and hanging all over them. They didn't say not to feed her- told us to put the probiotic over her food.

She slept fine last night...she had her meds this morning. She is tired- from the Cerenia ? but she did a little poop and it was regular consistency without blood. She's urinated as well.

I'm weighing the stress of going back to the vet against going to get more Sub-Q fluids. She's not drinking much, but she's pretty tired. The Cerenia side effect is lethargy- so I hope that's it. We have given her water thru a syringe a couple of times...it's how we are giving the probiotic as she won't eat if it's sprinkled on her food.

Also, the nurse in triage wrote IBD rather than IVDD on her intake and I didn't find that out until the doctor was done giving us the info on what she could have and what we should do based on "her history of IBD" I corrected him so I believe that most of the scary stuff was based on the IBD history that was incorrect. He said they also feel that Pancreatitis is caused by something worse ( like Cushings or other things like Cancer !) and if she is still vomiting or having bloody soft movements to get an ultrasound. If not, we don't need it. I'm confused--- does she have something worse, a bout of Pancreatitis or something else? Can't wait to talk to my vet tomorrow.
BellymonsterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!