View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 04:05 AM   #8
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats307 View Post
The groomer shaved them because that one was down before and once I snipped away a whole bunch of fur it popped up. For just a month. She just did it again a few days ago and it’s still down. I was concerned because it sounds if it’s not up by 6 months it won’t be up. Thought they didn’t start teething till 6 months so it couldn’t be teething could it. That one has a crease right where it flops down and the other doesn’t have that. Maybe if it doesn’t go up the groomer can keep that ear long so it looks like it’s standing up. When one of Max’s ear drops down out comes the tiny scissors or a call to the groomer. You would think if they are up they would stay that way.
The ears can definitely go up and down until the dog is finished teething--that means until the adult teeth have come in. We had Bella spayed at 7 months and had her remaining baby teeth removed. Her ears were definitely back up by then. If the ears were up, and then went down during teething, it's very likely that they will go back up again by the time teething is complete. We didn't worry about it. And I definitely agree that shouldn't try taping unless it's done by a professional. It could do more harm than good, and it probably won't help anyway.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!