View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #26
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellymonsterMom View Post
She is having pretty fast transit as she just pooped on the carpet and it has grass in it and is softish ( this morning it was firm) . Now I'm wondering if she is having another bout of Pancreatitis although her enzyme test was fine a couple of weeks ago.

So, no food for 24 hours, and I'm calling the vet tomorrow morning. I have Royal Canin Low Fat and that is what she will be having from now on until she recovers. Then it's back to boiled chicken and beef, rice, no fat cottage cheese on and on. Eventually she will stop eating the Royal Canin and we have to add the other to get her to eat.

I never know what she's eaten if I'm not watching her 24/7. My husband continually feeds her people food on the sly- it's a horrible point of contention in our family. No matter what the vet says- he continues. My sister suggested we rehome her at this point. I was so angry at her, but if I could do it I think it would be best- but I just can't.

We have the PetPlan Insurance...I pay a 50 a month or something like that for catastrophic ( she also has IVDD, Luxating Patella and the Pancreatitis episodes). She was hypoglycemic when we first got her and I felt she was going to be a sickly thing so I signed up and she has been. So I'm assuming eventually she will need surgery of some sort. Pet Plan used to pay for Vet visits if they were sick, but no longer.
It’s possible because I do think something is going on other then a vaccine reaction. I would explain to your husband that it is actually causing her pain to be feed human stuff. I had to lay down the law with my family about Callie who has IBD.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!