View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #16
BellymonsterMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Meds and info

The vet at the emergency vet er didn't give her a shot for reaction ( it wasn't Benedryl but something that I believe started with a B - she didn't get it so I didn't ask for clarity) because she told me that she felt Bells was likely allergic to the preservatives in the vaccine earlier and the one she would have given her that night (?). She gave her the Tramadol because she was yelping in pain when she touched her in the area of the vaccine. I wasn't home when she got the vaccine and my husband thinks a dog is a dog and never notices anything. He didn't give Benedryl ( though he recently told me the doc told him to when he returned home) I returned later that night and rushed her to the ERVet when I noticed her breathing and whimper. That was 10 days ago. She vomited the yellow egg yolk every couple of days , then one day of her food and then a lot of the yellow yoke at 5 am before we took her in yesterday.

Yesterday the vet gave her the Cerenia shot to help her with the vomitting. She has been eating sporadically- so I'm not certain it's bile. It's thicker than the yellow foamy they throw up from empty stomach. So they gave her that shot and sub Q fluids. She was sleepy yesterday, ate dinner ( boiled chicken, very lean beef - to entice- and rice) and then ate some dry food.

Today she didn't eat her breakfast ( same as above) and is now outside eating grass. I dont know what to do She's pooping normal, drinking water. Something is wrong with her, but I don't know what it is or how many times I should bring her to vet. She was there before the shot to get blood work to check for Heartworm meds and her Pancreatitis check because she was acting pooky ( $500 ) . Then for the shot a week later she needed a wellness check first ( ?) at $85. Then $350 at the ER Vet and $120 yesterday. Still she's sick. I'm so upset and don't know what else to do. Asked about Pepcid and they said no.
BellymonsterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!