Thread: shipping
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #7
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatysMom View Post
I haven't but, suspect I wouldn't rule out a top-notch breeder only because picking up the pup wasn't in the cards.

United Air, which I'm led to believe has had the worst record, is now paired with a group "American Humane" to get its act together. United's cargo program is called or now called "PetSafe."

"PetSafeŽ is our specially designed program for transporting cats and dogs that are not eligible to travel in the aircraft cabin. PetSafe offers airport-to-airport travel for cats and dogs traveling to approximately 300 destinations, and members of our PetSafe team are trained professionals who love animals and are dedicated to ensuring that all pets receive the best care throughout their entire journey."

[...]

"We have over 80 custom designed, climate-controlled vehicles to safely transport pets in all weather conditions. As a part of our loading process, pets are placed onto the aircraft last and removed first to minimize stress. While in the air, pets remain secure and comfortable in climate-controlled, pressurized compartments ..."
I can tell you straight out the bat if a breeder is going to ship a puppy in cargo they aren't a good breeder. It is far to stressful and dangerous for a small puppy. I know a few reputable breeders that will hire someone to take the pup on the actual plane a be in cabin but that would be the only safe way but even then if the puppy is walked around on the grounds to go potty they are at risk for getting parvo and other illnesses.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!