View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 11:53 AM   #33
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
That's what they did when Callie had to have her molar pulled she called me and talked to me about it for a minute and I told them to pull it. The orthopedic surgeon has always called me after but that's because there has never been any issues during surgery luckily. I still get jumpy though whenever I hear the phone ring when they are under anesthesia I donno if that's other people to or just me and my anxiety.
There ya go......if your vet calls you to talk on the phone, then he/she is NOT the dedicated person observing your pup!! I am hoping that since she calls you which means she is doing xrays which is great, then she also is following the appropriate protocol in terms of anesthesia monitoring.

BUT....I am only saying this one more time. If a vet does not have a dedicated person to monitor the patient's response to the anesthesia, he/she is cutting corners and very dangerous ones at that! I would NEVER go to a vet that didn't do this.

If I were you, I would call and ask and leave if they aren't following this. It only takes one time .. it is not common to have an event during anesthesia but it CAN and DOES happen. If it isn't caught early, it can be deadly.

I feel like I am beating a dead horse here because you have completely avoided this topic and/or made excuses or "guessed" about what they are doing.....and honestly, that is your choice ... but again, it is not safe.

I have posted above what proper protocol is and people can choose to listen or not. Not much more I can do.

Last edited by ladyjane; 05-02-2018 at 11:54 AM.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!