View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 09:42 AM   #8
PILOTthePuppy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
It’s extremely important that the recipe come from a vet nutritionist and be balanced. If wanting to cook a home diet I recommend petdiets.com and balanceit.com
I agree with your statement, especially if the dog is still growing, in which case hopefully you haven't run into the calcium oxolate stone scenario yet.

The purpose of the diet above to address a specific disorder by avoiding high oxolate foods which seemingly is impossible with commercial dog foods.

The vet wanted my yorkie on Royal Canine Urinary SO for the rest of his life. The ingredients in the product in my opinion are terrible and can cause pancreatitis.

I researched thoroughly and with the help of K9KidneyDiet members used the guidelines in the FuzzerFood diet/regimen for the last 4 years with success (and so have many others). It does include supplements such as the appropriate calcium and vitamins to balance the diet. I also get full bloodwork done yearly (sometimes more if they are ever sick) and keep track of their values for any noticeable trends.

Here is a great article I came across in during my research:
Calcium Oxalate Kidney and Bladder Stones

If you require professional assistance as Lovetodream88 recommended, you can get consult services from Virginia Tech College of Veterinary Medicine
PILOTthePuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!