View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 06:11 AM   #6
PILOTthePuppy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thanks for the information all! Whatever they have, they got from outside while on a walk because they sniff every little piece of grass, poop, etc. Pax also has a habit for eating grass sometimes.

I didn't give them their heartworm medicine the last few months because it's been very cold so far this winter and early spring, apparently it has hookworm medicine in it as well, so this may be entirely my fault.

I've washed all the bedding and blankets several times on very hot. I also shampooed the carpets this weekend. I read that the hookworm eggs can't survive without moisture/soil. Anything else I need to do?

Any idea how long can the boys go on bland food? I'm adding some calcium citrate powder to balance out the phosphorus. We also do give Proviable in our home cooked diet regimen.

Pax did not vomit last night, and did have diarrhea again but it was not black/bloody. I know Flagyl does give him the runs to a degree. I called the vet's office this morning, but they are still going through results from the weekend and will not get back to me till this afternoon.

I'm really hoping they can pull through this, thanks for the support!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!