View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
yorkiekath
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Blind Deaf Toothless Senior Yorkie

I have a 16 year old blind, deaf, toothless 4 pound yorkie. She is a rescue that I adopted 21 months ago. She was deaf when I adopted her but has since gone blind. She was very depressed for several months when she first came to live with us. She obviously mourned the loss of her owner. She still doesn't want anything to do with my husband or my other yorkie. She does sit on my lap now, although she often prefers her bed. I feel that she came from a loving, long time home because she was well groomed (and used to being groomed according to my groomer), she was chipped, spayed and well housebroken. My guess is that her owner passed away. She navigated fairly well when she first lost her vision but now she constantly bumps into everything. It is very sad to see and hear her banging her head while she tries to get around. I even had a special padded hat made but she hates it and pulls it off. I am just not sure that she has any quality in her life. She does not respond to attention from anyone and won't sit with anyone but me and occasionally my husband. She also pees and poops wherever she happens to be when she has to potty. We try to take her outside the moment she gets up from a nap but we don't always see or hear her get up.
Any input and thoughts would be appreciated. I am so torn trying to decide what is in her best interest. Since I didn't have her until she was quite old I really don't know her personality and what she liked to do. Thank you .
yorkiekath is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!