Thread: multiple dogs
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #10
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
My grandmother stays home with whoever doesn't go to the vet so they aren't alone. Callie goes to the vet way to often to take all of them every time and she is about to be 11 so it's her special time away from her brother and sister. Like I said Joey screams and squeaks at the vet so I don't want him annoying the whole vets office. They are very dependent on each other so I like splitting them up occasionally so they are not even more dependent on each other. Most hotels and stuff only let you have two dogs in a room if they are pet friendly which is another reason why it makes traveling more difficult. I don't really travel any way to much OCD and anxiety for that and its not even related to the pups.
It was no fun for my dogs, the ones that didn't need to go to the vet, but it worked out good, they all became calmer because they thought they were not going to see the vet when it was their turn, Surprise lol. I don't recommend multi owners to do what I did, it worked for my babies, may not work out for all babies. No sense dragging poor Joey if he's so scared that would be cruel, and like you say, it's good to separate Penny and Joey since they have such a tight bond. I never had to worry about staying at hotels, in fact, lol, when I had my pack of 3 I don't think there were any hotels / motels that accepted dogs, we were a camping family, me and the furries sometimes a friend or two would join us so hotels were not needed. I could see where 2 or 3 dogs in a strange room with strange sounds could be a challenge, that would be something that had to be done when they are puppies, so they get use to the strangeness and not to bark all night.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!