Thread: multiple dogs
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #8
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Fortunately for me my kids were spaced out, but if one had to go to the vet, I took them all. Reason for this, when the baby was spayed the vet told me to keep an eye on the older dogs as the baby would not smell as herself, she would have smells of other dogs on her, my older dogs may not recognize her scent and harm her. Well that didn't happen, they did approach her slowly when I took her home,(they may have been thinking awww shucks she bought another one home lol) but they recognized her after a few sniffs, besides, they were very sweet girls they would never hurt another animal. So that there would be no curiosity as to why one was going out and two were not, they all came with me. I never found it hard taking all 3, or lassoing them all, they knew the drill, knew who got harnessed up first and stood in line until it was their turn, they all had their own spots in the car, they went everywhere with me on the week ends.
I think it all depends on the dogs and their personalities. I miss my little 3 pack. But the expense of yearly shots, flea, heart worm meds do get more expensive when you have multi dogs, that is why one must think carefully when thinking about 2 or more pups.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!