Thread: multiple dogs
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 11:18 AM   #6
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Yes it is expensive heck having one is pretty darn expensive. Callie was an only dog for many years until my parents had to move in with my grandparents and they had their yorkie. She did well and loved him. I happened to see poor little Joey at 9 weeks old having already had multiple homes and went and got him. He was much more high energy then Callie or Sammy. Pretty soon after Sammy passed away do to lymphoma. I learned after my aunt came with her doxie that Joey really liked having someone he could play with that could keep up with him. When my aunt left Joey was soooo depressed. Then I saw a 8 month old girl around the same size as Joey who they wanted gone asap so that's how I got Penny and dropped over $300 on the second day because she had a terrible uti and needed vaccines and blood work. Joey and Penny are now extremely close they sleep on each other and play with each other. I do not regret getting Penny because of the bond her and Joey have. Everyone has seemed to come due for all their year vet stuff at one time so that is expensive. Heartworm meds and flea and tick meds times 3 is over $300 for half a year! It is harder with multiples to go on trips and take them places. Taking all three to the vet is an adventure that I do not enjoy lol. Callie is extremely well behaved as my little senior but Penny gets so excited at the vet she pees, and Joey is a bit of a drama queen who squeaks at the vet and if he is getting a vaccine must have benadryl which makes him sleepy and want to be held the whole time. I still take all three to pet events and when it gets warmer going to take all three to the dog park. I wouldn't change any of it for the world but it is more difficult then one.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!