View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #15
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
Okay, I called up the vet and Bella was out of surgery and was just waking up. They removed many teeth (most of her teeth ) because of abscesses, and the vet felt that the first molars will probably also have to be removed at the U of Illinois because there were abscesses around them as well. Root canal is probably NOT an option, but the U of Illinois will tell me for sure. They will give me a CD containing Bella's x-rays to take with me to the U of Illinois vet dentistry department, and suggested that I take her in for a consultation in about three weeks time. I will schedule that appointment tomorrow. They gave Bella a two week antibiotic shot and will send some pain killers/anti-inflammatories home with me. Dr. McGuffin is very concerned about Bella and wants me to keep her informed about her recovery over the next couple of days. Bella was awake and sitting up and looking at Dr. McGuffin by the end of the phone call. There is no damage to the underlying bone, and Bella should make a full recovery and feel much better in two or three days. Soft food only for the next 5 or 6 days. I can soften her kibble with water or low sodium broth. I'll probably go with the broth since that will provide some added flavor. We pick her up at 4 PM.
I hate when these sweet babies have to suffer, they are such tough lil fighters. Glad she will be coming home soon.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!