Thread: multiple dogs
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #2
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Well now there are several questions that go with giving an answer. 1- is your age lol, these lil yorkies are a high energy breed, they need a lot of exercise, they are very mischievous little monkey's, and two lol, be ready for Indy 500 races lol and daily wrestling matches, I had 3 so just my experience with multi yorkies. So that question is do you have the stamina for two little indians. 2- What are your finances. The least expensive thing in owning a yorkie is the price you pay for it, you have to think down the road, when they get sick or injured would you have the funds for treatments, meds, follow up vet visits. They do sell pet insurance, I am not familiar with that, my charge card has always been my pet insurance, we have members that swear by them, hopefully they will chime in with their experience. Those to me are the most important questions.

My experience with multi yorkies, I got my 2nd girl when my first one was 3 years old, the older one was 100% house broken, walked twice a day as I worked a full time job. When my 2nd yorkie was 3 years old I got my 3rd yorkie. I will say, those were the happiest years of my life. I never watched TV, my dogs were more entertaining and funnier then anything on TV. They were wonderful girls, very loving with each other, ppl, and all animals, of course you have to socialize them.

If you have the stamina and the finances, I say go for it. I would make sure your first one is 100% pad trained, if you are planning to have her potty outdoors, make sure she is 100% out door trained with no accidents in the house. It is easier having a 2nd dog if the first one is already trained.

And, you must have lots of patience whether it's one or two yorkies, these babies love mischief, that's their middle name, if not watched they get into lots of trouble lol. Yorkies are a fantastic, adorable, special breed, once you are owned by a yorkie your life will be changed forever, in a good way.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!