View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #5
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
Since moving to Pa.in 2002 and commuting to my job in NYC I have always carried a letter in case anything happened in my purse that read " I have my full name on this letter, If am hospitalized or deceased and gave my address, who to contact to get my dog. If that person can not be reached have my dogs name, my vets name, address, phone #, DOB, what food he eats, what time he eats, what commands he knows, with instructions the dog should to taken to my vet. And I have signed this letter.
I Still carry that letter because I travel a lot.
Taped to the inside of my entrance door I have this note
Again I have my full name, If I am found injured or deceased, I have name of contact person and phone # to call to come for my dog, again, if that person cannot be reached I have all of the above, vets name, address, etc. if I am injured or deceased please take all his clothes and toys to the vet with him, she will re-home him. Again I have signed this letter.
One never knows what tomorrow may bring, my thoughts are always about the safety and well being of my dog.
I just had some furnace work done, as the tech was leaving he saw this letter taped to the door and said what an excellent thing to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
Just wanted to add, both of these letters I have saved in my computer for add on's or changes. In my spare room where Cody's clothes are kept I have a shopping bag tagged, "for Cody's clothing" God forbid anything should happen to me I would hope if my friend is not around the officials will take his belongings, he came to me with nothing, I would hate to see him re-home with nothing.

I forgot, on these letters I have written he has allergies gets shots, name and how often he gets them. I put as much info down as I can in case he gets re-home the new owner will know as much as possible about him.
Matese, it brought a tear to my eyes reading about how much thought you put into the care of your babies. Maybe when I have time, I'll make another wallet-sized printout for those who have elderly dogs or dogs who require extra care instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Yes, awesome! We've talked about this on YT before - how you should always have this info in your wallet for your kiddos.

FAB!! Thank you for sharing this and making this !! I'm putting a copy in the Library too.
Yes I think I recall reading about this on YT too! It has always been on the back of my mind and now I finally have one in my wallet. I hope that for those who don't have one of these will find the printout useful!!

In case I change my signature later, here's the link to the emergency contact card:
https://scottieandcasie.com/blog/eme...-contact-card/
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!