View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 06:23 AM   #25
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayzoo View Post
My comment came across harshly and I did not intend it to. Sorry, I was short on time, and posted too succinctly.

The feeling this kind of thing will not happen to us is a common occurrence among us all. I believe all of us have something we should do, yet we do not because the risks seem so minimal that we just assume the worst will not happen to us.

For example, checking the air pressure and tread for our tires regularly to prevent blow outs, seeing a doctor every single year, etc...... We all want to believe the best the possible outcome will happen.

Sadly, sometimes that simply does not happen.
I understand. Everything we do has its risks. Even home grooming has risks. We used to have Bella groomed at a private professional groomer with a good reputation, and everything was fine when the owner did the grooming herself, but her business expanded and she brought in assistants, and once she passed Bella on to someone who either abused her or fed her some unauthorized treat that left her fearful and with bad diarrhea for a couple of days. That's when we took her to Petsmart and established a relationship with a regular groomer. We watched her being groomed once through the window, and Bella stood on the grooming table calm and obedient. We also told them NOT to give her any unauthorized treats, and they assured us that they only provide water to the dogs. We haven't had any problems, and they do a better job.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!