View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Jackson has always had some anxiety in the car. It's gotten worse as he's gotten older though, I'd say. He's always excited to go places but once he's in the car, he can take 30 minutes to really "settle" more and not be panting a lot etc. It's hard to explain... because he's not to the point where he gets diarrhea or throws up or anything like that but he can definitely be anxious.

99% of the time he's in the car, he goes somewhere fun and good that he enjoys, so I don't understand it. He's always such a good dog in public and loves being with me so the car rides are worth it. Anyway... for long rides (we went to FL from MD last year, and to Myrtle Beach as well) the vet prescribed Trazadone. It works great. Takes the edge off but doesn't make him loopy. He relaxes & lays down instead of constantly wanting to look out the window or panting etc. I find if I give it 30 mins prior, it lasts for about 4 hours. I also use Vetriscience Composure Pro - I think it makes a slight difference.

He was his worst when we did an RV trip to FL with my dad. He was the same way - didn't settle the ENTIRE drive.. ugh. it was stressful. That was when I researched the medicine and talked to vet. He is a lot more comfortable in my Jeep. The RV is very loud and bumpy.

Last edited by Britster; 04-15-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!