View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
cheryl000
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneri13
First..... my son got accepted to the University of Conneticut Not his first choice but we have a place to go. Still waiting on the others. Most reply in April.

Second.... I went to the DR for the MRI results on my ankle. Turns out I cracked bone spurs in my ankle when I tore my ligaments. Have to where the stupid brace for at least 3 more weeks. I have had enough it's been 5 weeks already.

Last. We talked to the baseball coach and the principal yesterday about cutting the seniors. The Principal said he could have the guys put back on the team but if they play is up to the coach ( translation --- They will be benched). The guys don't want to be on the team this way and not play. They are totally fed up. We are deciding wether or not to go to the school board, it is up to the guys. They are deciding wether or not they want this. They said BB will be over and they will have graduated by the time anything comes of this. Everyone is just really pissed at the moment.

I am hoping for a quite day. As this was toooooo much for my little brain to handle in one day.
congrats to your son and I hope your ankle feels better.
I really don't feel like the Principal is doing enough. But I'm sure that he doesn't have the power to fire that coach. It sounds like the Principal is saying that it's useless and takes too much time because he doesn't want the drama. I don't think it will take as long as he's saying.
I think the boys and their parents should all have a meeting to talk about this. But I advise the boys to go on the team. They should hold signs on the bench and the family and friends should hold signs in the stands saying to let the seniors play. Hopefully when the coach sees how much support the boys have it will put a little bit of pressure on them. Make sure you tell the media. I think that this will get the attention of the school board ASAP. I think the boys should stand up for what they believe in because it's not right and what if the coach does this to ALL senior classes from now on? I was really hoping for a good update on this story. Please keep us posted on what goes on!
cheryl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!