View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
dottiesyrky
Donating YT Addict

Default Anal gland issues

Hi.
I am asking this question about a small Yorkie, about three to four pounds who belongs to a neighbor. She is around eight years old. About two weeks ago I saw the dog trying to poop many times in the local park. I talked to the owner and said I thought he should take her to the vet. He said the dog had been like this for two days. He did so and we was told to give her food with more fiber in it. The vet did examine the dog and express the anals. This he did, but after another day or two, still the same problem. The dog seemed her normal self and was eating!! But I suggested he see the vet again. After about a week the vet gave the dog antibiotics. After a week on them, I saw this morning that the dog could still not poop. Although again, she seemed well! I talked with the owner and he said he was waiting for the ABs to work but would take the dog back to the vet soon. I feel that there must be something wrong with the dog and wonder if anyone here can comment and perhaps suggest what might be going on?
I hope that the owner is not doing what is needed perhaps due to cost, but hope not. He seemed resigned to the fact that the dog was probably going to die!!! I asked if the vet said that, but he said no, it was his thought!
I am amazed that the poor little dog seems so well and not in pain etc.
Thank you.
dottiesyrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!