View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I have concerns of fox also as I do have them in my area. I just googled this, but I would still be cautious. I would get my killer in the house ASAP.

Are Foxes Dangerous To People Or Pets?
A lot of people will be intimidated by the sight of a fox. It is true that to see a fox in a place where people live is a strange sight and no one should ever try to pet or corner a fox in order to catch it with their bare hands as they will become aggressive when cornered. But in general, foxes are not especially dangerous to humans or some pets. They will feed on livestock that is small such as poultry, rabbits or other small newborn animals. There have been cases where there have been some attacks, but generally speaking it is not a common occurrence. The cases where there has been an attack have happened when the fox is defending itself, its den or has been pushed to that extreme due to a lack of food. The reason they do not attack dogs, cats or humans is because they are not something that a fox sees as prey. Though it could happen that a fox tries to attack a dog or more likely a cat, they will be scared off when the noise begins or when a cat’s claws come out.

Diseases They May Carry
The one danger that foxes do present is the danger of disease. They are a possible carrier of rabies and a bite can cause an infection. They can also defecate close to where people live and the bacteria can spread when the feces dry or when a dog gets too close. This has the same impact as dog feces and if a fox has gone to the bathroom in your garden you should clean it, just like you would when a dog does it. The more likely scenario is that you will not be affected by the diseases that foxes carry, but your pets will be more susceptible to them. Mange, for example can affect dogs but the disease is easily treated and will not kill the dog once the treatment begins. The worst case scenario is hair loss by your pet unless it is not treated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!