View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 06:38 AM   #15
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
My Cody underwent major surgery a few years ago, when he came home he wasn't drinking water and straining when he pooped. A very knowledgeable member gave me a suggestion which was, Make chicken soup do not add salt or onions, carrots, celery are fine to add flavor. When the chicken is cooked and broth has cooled skim off all the fat. Depending on how big the water bowl is add a teaspoon or two of the chicken broth to your pups water. Do not add to much as most dogs will drink the entire bowl, then throw it up. The rest of the broth freeze in ice cube trays, The chicken you can make chicken salad for your self. You can add a cube or 1/2 a cube of the broth to your pups water. Chicken flavored water most dogs cannot resist. It got my dog to drink water, no more straining to poop and saved me from bringing him back to the vet for IV fluids.
I too have heard that and also that you can use low or no sodium broth in the can. Also though you knew there was a medical reason why. If you don’t know why they are not drinking it’s best to have a vet check it out before just potentially putting a bandaid on the issue.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!