Thread: anxiety
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #2
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj71787 View Post
Hi everyone.

This is about my other dog who is a maltese. He constantly barks at every little noise, this happens a lot during the night while trying to sleep.

I chalked it up to never being trained, but someone mentioned he may have anxiety.

Did a google search and found some websites that break down the symptoms and he has most such as:

Excessive barking and howling, aggression ( he has a lot of this, especially towards kids and other dogs), using the bathroom all over the house, seeking attention

I am taking him to the vet tomorrow to get their thoughts.

But until then does anyone have their own thoughts?

Thanks
If he checks out and vet says he's healthy, then I'm afraid you're spot on with the fact that he's never been trained.

I would start with some anxiety training, no-barking training, potty training, and overall obedience training. Start from scratch as if you brought him home for the first time. Do training with him every day, for several 5-minute sessions. You'll want to continue training over a long period of time.

Dogs don't learn to be like humans automatically. If you notice any bad behaviours, you need to train them 'good behaviours'.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!