View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 07:12 AM   #8
goldenray
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Blessing
On her records when we got Baby Blessing it states the Dew Claws were
removed, however she still has the left one and also with the thought of her having to go through getting it removed now. I was told that they just missed the left one, I let the breeder know right away but haven't heard back from them. My question is will it be ok if she doens't have it removed. All our former dogs were done so I don't know what problem can arise , if any. I do know she occasionally chews on it and licks it a lot. I appreciate others input on what you think we should do.
Thanks, Patti ~~ Baby Blessing~~
Since she is worrying at it so much, it probably is one that grew back in because they didn't get it down far enough when originally done. I probably would just ignore it other then trimming unless she won't leave it alone eventually. If months from now she is still chewing on it then you may need to make a decision to remove it. I've known people to remove them as adults and it's not as terrible as you think. Probably what is happening is it just started growing back in and so she is chewing right now and will get over doing that. Good luck.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!