View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 05:13 PM   #4
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

More than likely - Yorkie! She's cute, btw.

But it often is hard to tell. The thing is... you get a lot of bad breeding going on and sometimes a Yorkie isn't bred to "standard" but it doesn't mean they're not a Yorkie. And it may not even be "bad" breeding -- sometimes it's just genetics and they don't necessarily turn out to be a "show dog" but doesn't make them any less of an amazing pet.

I often think my Jackson is a Silky Terrier. But I have no papers on him whatsoever. He was advertised as a yorkie though. I got him from a backyard breeder in Baltimore City. For all we know, she did not know if her own dog was a Silky or a Yorkie. Often times, not-so-great breeders will use a Silky female since they're often bigger and can produce more puppies etc etc. But Silky's are more rare.

My Jackson is a BIG boy-- he's 18/19lbs. He's longer than he is tall, he has bigger ears, a longer snout, and the "eyeliner" look around the eyes that are all typical of Silky's. From what I've seen in Silky groups I'm in etc, he could very well be a Silky. Size alone doesn't determine that for me but the many other things.

A "well-bred" Silky and a "well-bred" Yorkie are actually easy to tell apart.
Attached Thumbnails
Yorkie or Silky? Thoughts?-tt.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!