View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 03:48 PM   #3
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Ugh, damn Yorkie teeth!

Jackson is 9 and had his 3rd dental this past Nov. He had only ever had 1 removed previously (and one bottom canine had to be shaved down because of an overbite). But this past one he had all six lower incisors pulled. She said once she pulled one, they alllll were decayed and loose and had to go. And she said dogs just don't really need them, luckily, so it wasn't a huge loss -- all considering.

Products I like:

HealthyMouth... they have a water additive and a gel. This is also VOHC approved so has been through trials etc to prove it works. With the water additive, it just goes in her normal water, so no fussing with her mouth.

Petsmile toothpaste. You don't actually have to brush with this toothpaste. You use a q-tip looking thing to rub along the teeth/gums. on the list as well.

I use Purina Dentalife chews which are also on the VOHC approved list. As are Greenies.

Also, I sprinkle Vetriscience Perio powder on the pups food, and sometimes Proden Plaqueoff. I find them to help.

Like you said, Jackson's back teeth always seem good because of chews and bully sticks etc, never had an issue with the back teeth. It's the front ones that he doesn't use that need the most care.

Last edited by Britster; 03-07-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!