View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 05:02 PM   #19
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Chewie also was in a position where we were told she HAS to lose very recently. She was so thin and not eating at one point so we've kept an eye on her. She's been losing, slowly. I joke we cut out the icecream at night and it's working. We simply carefully measure her portions now and cut back on treats. I've taken to giving her fresh veggies and giving her a quarter of her usual treats, and much less of them. Also cut off my daughter from the trick training they were doing because of how liberal she was with the treats. It's worked, she lost almost half of a pound in a month. I understand that your little guy might not be physically up for exercise so this is what is working for us. She's now back down to an ideal weight but we'd like her back to her 5.9 pounds which was where she was at a 3/5 instead of her 4/5 (as vet stressed 4.5/5)just at the end of December. I never thought a pound would DO that, but with these guys they can. Even though she was almost down in her weight by the time she got hurt, I still believe that had a helping hand in it. Her waist is back to dipping in and her gait is corrected- she was starting to waddle. I hope you can get him down!!! OH- P.S. Chewie IS on wet fromms. We gave up, and the vet also was fine with her on wet food. Yes, I know. Kibble is best. But she would NOT EAT ANYTHING FOR MORE THAN A MONTH before this, and we simply got tired of having her have to go back on a boiled diet which wasn't healthy at all. That also had a hand in her weight gain being so rapid, and it's why we are so very careful now. She eats like a champ, she's healthy (with some issues, but it could be so much worse) and that's what matters. She's also sitting still for her teeth brushing- which was my reason for giving in to husband's request that we just count our blessings. Wet food would equal teeth decay, and I wasn't having that.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!