View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 03:52 AM   #18
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASEY View Post
He is looking better already. He really liked his Honest Kitchen samples. I am going to try to switch him over to it. I would have fed both dogs that, but it is just too expensive for a German Shepherd.

Do you guys do monthly heartworm, and what do you use? I have been getting my boys the injection, but now I have read some scary things about it so I will probably be switching once Tasey is due again. I put flea and tick prevention on him during about 6 months of the year, although our vet has had me use it a bit longer the last few years because the weather in Michigan stays warmer longer now.

And Tasey and the cat are really warming up to each other. The cat hated our German Shepherd (he adored her), and now that he is gone she comes downstairs all the time. I was worried about him alone all day, but I think they keep each other company somewhat.

Thanks for all of your help! I am really enjoying Tasey.
Yes, I do heartworm all year round here in AZ. I've used either Ivermectin, Heartguard or Heartguard+. I've never used the injectible bc of the concerns you mention above.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!