View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #15
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
You should be able to feel ribs easily, but not necessarily see them. When looking above from an aerial view you want to see a somewhat "hourglass" figure.

Jackson, at his best, is around 17lbs. He has gained over the winter and probably needs to lose a pound.

You want to feed for your ideal weight, not the dogs current weight. Let's say a dog is overweight at... 10lbs. most people feed the recommended amount on the bag for a 10lb dog even if the dog is supposed to be 7lbs lol.

Jackson, pretty active still and 17lbs eats the amount of your pup. He gets 1/4 cup kibble am, 1/4 cup pm, each meal mixed with a spoonful of wet. He also gets some treats throughout the day and a dental chew of sorts at night.

Here he is at his best ...

The bolded/purple text is exactly what I was going to say. I would like to add that increasing Tasey's physical activity would also be a plus.

My Lollie has pudged out over the last year or so and I am of the opinion that she no longer has ribs 'cause I can't feel them . Lollie and I are on a better eating plan and are adding more exercise to our daily routine so that we can both shed unwanted pounds (in my case) and ounces (in Lollie's case). More walks and more fetchie since Lollie is a fetch-a-holic.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!