View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 05:45 AM   #1
Noreen612
Yorkie Yakker

Default Suddenly jealous & avoiding my boyfriend

Hi all, so I am having a bit of a problem with my little girl. She will be one year old next week. I have had her since August and she’s known my boyfriend since that time and always loved him and played with him. In fact when he would walk through the door she would run to him and be way more interested in him the whole time he was here than she was with me. Recently, I went away on a trip for a few weeks during the Xmas holidays and during that time she stayed with my parents. When I came back and we saw my boyfriend for the first time after that trip and ever since for the past month she is displaying behaviors such as jealousy or fear of him. We are not sure. But she doesn’t want to play and goes out of her way to avoid him. Although last week she went up to him so he picked her up and gave her a massage and she was falling asleep in his lap and seemed to enjoy it . But once he puts her down she walks away with her tail bt her legs. Then the whole time he is here like while we're eating dinner or even trying to play with her she's not interested and she'll go in her crate and stare at us or she'll just come up to us and act like she wants to play but then she wants to just cuddle in my lap etc. Anyway my boyfriend cares about her and he’s upset by this sudden change and we both want her to be comfortable in his presence both at my home and his. I personally want them both to feel loved and wanted by each other and none of us to be uncomfortable!! I read how it's common for yorkies to display jealousy and possession issues & thankfully there's no aggression yet but I'm debating hiring a trainer to deal with this because I don't want it to lead to any aggression issues. Anyway any advice would be appreciated.
Noreen612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!