View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 11:42 AM   #9
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broodizt View Post
You are SOOOO right matese, thanks so much for your reply and your input. i know this is what i have to do. I have had so many close calls. I do have a gate up, and I will have to gate him out of the kitchen when I am preparing or cooking, (mainly when I'm preparing, that's when the food gets dropped, but even if I am going for a snack at night, he's right there under foot, looking up and praying for a piece of food to drop LOL), so maybe I should ban him from the kitchen/family room entirely except when he is eating his meals or we are watching TV together or listening to music in the FR. I know I should work on strengthing his Leave it! command and also teach him to sit and stay more reliably, but for now, it will be the gate. Thanks again so much for your input
Another reason he is banned is, he gets in between my legs, I nearly fell, so 2 reasons he's not allowed in the kitchen when I am preparing food.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!