View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
krissynita
Yorkie Talker

Sad Help! Sweet Yorkie is Aggressive when Groomed

Our 7 month old baby, Tyla, has always been super sensitive to having her limbs moved when getting dressed, being washed, etc. She starts growling, thrashing and biting. This is the only time she behaves aggressively with us. Tyla has long hair and doesn’t enjoy being brushed, although we do brush her. We decided to have her hair clipped since she doesn't want to be brushed. Yesterday was Tyla’s 2nd visit to the groomer and things did not go well – at least not when it came time to clipping. The groomer called me and said they had brushed, dematted and bathed her but they could not clip her because she became so aggressive, biting (breaking skin) and thrashing. I am at a loss as to what to do…hubby says we need to talk to vet for advice. Groomer says she may do better if she had calming treats or a sedative. I’ve thought about just grooming her myself but I know she will be aggressive and it will be an upsetting experience for all of us. Please help – if you have any advice, I would so appreciate it!
krissynita is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!