Thread: Dog flu?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 09:56 PM   #96
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I did look at the site that’s how I know they were saying to vaccinate at 6-8 weeks. I’m leery of articles where some of the facts are wrong because it makes me wonder how much more is false. Titers are unreliable and that is a fact! I won’t agree to just let things go that go against facts like the titers.
Sorry, LOL, I did catch that after I hit the ‘submit’ button. I thought that puppies lose their maternal antibodies according to how much colostrum they ingest so not all pups are equally protected in the same litter.

https://drjeandoddspethealthresource...6#.WoZrqMpOmhC

As for titers, more work needs to be done like standardizing the procedures, etc. I was only going to do it to see if my immune-challenged dog was capable of making any antibodies, not to skip vaccines or anything like that.

Quote:
This is long article about titers but very informative Antibody Titer Testing as a Guide for Vaccination in Dogs and Cats | The SkeptVet
As I said above, not using titers a guide for vaccination, but to see if my dog actually produced antibodies from vaccines, hence gleaning more info about the state of her health and to be able to use that info to make better decisions concerning her treatment.

Quote:
Here is also a good article about vaccines autoimmune disease. Evidence Update: Vaccination and Autoimmune Disease | The SkeptVet
Right... not enough evidence to prove or disprove associations. Too many variables, and reporting procedures need to be standardized.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!