View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #24
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

As for darting out of the door, you have to enforce the command word of "stay". I have a gate on my front porch, bad mistake on my part I always allowed Cody out first. One day I got a delivery, they didn't close the gate behind them, I opened the door and Cody flew out and off the porch, I only had him a few days, I am running and screaming his NEW name, I am crying because I know I am going to loose him, he stopped to sniff and I snatched him up. Thank GOD I live in a community, cars drive slow. Lesson learned, now he is not allowed out unless I invite him with the command word "come". If someone comes to the house he has to "stay" he's not allowed to come out, he doesn't like it, but, he will listen. Very important commands are Stay, Come, Drop it and Leave it. For chewing I give my kid Bully sticks made by Red Barn, 12 inch long, not braided ones. My kid is 12 pounds, not a tiny and has good healthy teeth. They are hard to start, once started they aren't quite as hard. some ppl say they stink but there is no smell from the ones made by Red Barn. I would have the vet check George's teeth before giving Bully sticks. Do not get antlers, they are too hard for toy breed dogs. My Cody has come a longggg way as to who he was when I first got him to the dog he is today. He is a perfect boy, I was blessed.
George needs time, he has much to adjust to, new smells, schedules, sounds, voices, and you, his new momma. Every thing in baby steps.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!