Thread: Dog flu?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 06:06 PM   #11
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpal View Post
Is there a certain time of year to get vaccination? Any known side-effects from vaccine? Piper isn't around other dogs necessarily, but we go all over the place and to a variety of stores, walking paths, etc. I think this vaccine is in order...
Sir Cody is not around other dogs, we don't do doggie parks and there is no day care for him. When I take him into stores I put his blankie on the baby seat of the cart and set him on it. He does not walk on any store floors. In my research today this is what I found.

the canine influenza virus transmit?
The canine influenza virus can pass from dog to dog through virus particles in the air (that is through coughing or sneezing) or by coming into physical contact with other dogs (touching noses). It can also be picked up if a dog touches or plays with objects that were touched by infected dogs (food bowls, toys). Humans can even transfer the virus between dogs on clothes and shoes. For example, they may spread the virus if they touch an infected dog, or even touch a toy or a doorknob that the dog has made contact with, and then touch another dog before washing their hands.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!